- 10:00 - 03/11/2023 to 16:00 - 03/11/2023
- COSLA, 19 Haymarket Yards, Haymarket, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH, United Kingdom
The Scottish National Blood Transfusion Committee Annual Educational meeting seeks to promote safe transfusion practice and to highlight areas of good practice as well as exploring new guidelines, new technologies/ procedures and discussing cases where lessons may be learnt
TOPICS COVERED TO INCLUDE
- There will be several lectures from clinical experts and discussions on areas of safe transfusion practice, electronic ID systems, major incident planning and case discussions with plenty of opportunities for interactive discussion.
- Updated BSH guideline on transfusion reactions
- 20 years of the SNBTS Transfusion Team – is transfusion safer?
- ABO never event
- Electronic patient blood management system
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The event is intended for clinical medical and nursing staff, transfusion practitioners, blood conservation specialists and laboratory staff
- Dr Richard Soutar, Consultant Haematologist, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
- Dr Megan Rowley. Consultant Haematologist, SNBTS
- Ms J Oldham, SNBTS TT
- Dr M Casey/ Ms L Hamilton, Clinical Lead + Lead TP, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr K Hands, Consultant Haematologist, SNBTS
- Mr P Mathieson, Biomedical Scientist, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee
- Dr R Evans, SNBTS Head of Development
- Ms C Dawson, SNBTS TT
- Ms L Fraser, Lead SNBTS TT
For more information, please contact: [email protected]