Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences
Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU) aims to advance health in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the region through an innovative and integrated academic health system that is nationally responsive and globally connected. It serves individuals and communities with a vision to be a global hub for innovative and integrated healthcare education and research at the service of humanity.
The current Memorandum of Understanding was established in 2020. Its objectives set out that together we will work towards:
- increasing the profile of pathology as a key discipline of medicine in the UAE by identifying placements in the UK for student electives
- continuing professional development/continuing medical education by holding joint conferences and workshops
- contributing to the development of international standards for the education, training, assessment, examination and accreditation of pathologists, scientists, technologists and laboratory professionals. This will be achived by exploring the possibility of MBRU becoming an overseas Part 1 or 2 examination centre.
- developing specialty training and curriculum by supporting the establishment of a residency programme in Dubai.
Our achievements so far
- MBRU hosted the FRCPath Part 2 examinations in histopathology in 2021 and 2022.
- Held a fellows meeting in February 2023, which also gave recognition to new fellows in the region that passed their FRCPath Part 2 exams in autumn 2022.
- The College President gave a talk virtually to the students and Faculty of MBRU in 2022.