About Pathology is Global
Pathology is Global is the international strategy of the Royal College of Pathologists.
The first Pathology is Global Strategy ran from 2013-2018 and laid the foundations of the College’s international work; this new three year strategy, ending in 2022, aims to build on the successes from the last five years and align with the overall College objectives.
The key objectives of the strategy are to:
- Provide support for examinations and candidates overseas
- Promote capacity-building to improve pathology provision in resource-poor countries
- Support the professional development of international members and trainees
- Promote overseas volunteering opportunities
- Deliver high standards, audit and quality assurance practices overseas
- Develop an actively engaged international membership
- Raise awareness and understanding about the role and contribution of pathology to global health
- Advocate and promote the role of the College around the world
- Support current and future pathologists throughout their careers
- Develop a project portfolio related to `Pathology is Global`