The Arab Board of Health Specialisations
The Arab Board of Heath Specialisations (ABHS) is a non-profit organisation, founded in 1978 by the Council of Ministers of Health of the Arab League and aims to improve health services in Arab countries by raising the scientific level of clinical and health practice through its support of professional development and the implementation of international standards in the educational and training programmes in the various health specialties.
The first Memorandum of Understanding was established in 2015 and renewed in 2022. It sets out that together we will work towards:
- participate in train-the-trainer events and share best practices in the development and design of curricula
- strengthen local examination and assessment methods and frameworks through training and examiner exchanges where feasible and appropriate
- consider collaboration on projects or activities in relation to laboratory systems strengthening or accreditation on a case-by-case basis
- promote pathology and laboratory medicine through a range of activities and events.
Our achievements so far
- Jordan hosted the FRCPath Part 2 examinations in histopathology several times between 2015 and 2021.
Further activities are being planned and what is achieved will be updated here in future.