The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (CPSP) and Pakistan Association of Pathology (PAP)
The College and Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (CPSP) was established in 1962 to promote specialist medical practice; arrange postgraduate medical training and research and advance the high principles of the medical profession in Pakistani Association Pathology (PAP) was established in 1975 to promote the advancement of pathology through research, improvement of teaching and technical methods; the organisation of scientific meetings; and collaboration with allied sciences. PAP is an umbrella organisation comprised of the following constituent specialty associations.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (CPSP) and Pakistani Association Pathology (PAP) first formed an MoU in 2015 and in 2021 it was renewed for a further 3 years. Objectives in the current MoU set out, that together we will work towards:
- Support the mapping against RCPath’s curricula
- Strengthen local examination and assessment methods and frameworks
- Supporting continued professional development (CPD)/continuing medical education (CME)
- Promotion of pathology and laboratory medicine
- Guidance and provision of resources related to International Education Schemes