West African College of Physicians and Surgeons
The West African College of Physicians' Faculty of Laboratory Medicine is made up of fellows who are specialist medical laboratory physicians operating as an arm of the West African College of Physicians. Its aim is to educate, train and professionally develop laboratory physicians, to promote standards of professional practice and ethics in the West African subregion and the world at large.
The current Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was formed in 2022. It sets out that together we will work towards:
- curricular development for subspecialty training
- providing opportunities for observation of examinations of each College
- promoting pathology and laboratory medicine
- providing support via the College’s international education schemes.
Our achievements so far
- A review of the West African College of Physicians' chemical pathology curricula has been conducted.
Further activities are being planned and what is achieved will be updated here in future.