The British Division of the International Academy of Pathology (BDIAP) promotes excellence in the practice of pathology through education and research. The British Division covers the United Kingdom, Belgium, The Netherlands and the Republic of Ireland.
The BDIAP aims to advance pathology through:
- Improvement of methods of teaching pathology
- Coordination of pathology with allied sciences and techniques
- Promotion of research in pathology and pathologic techniques
- Publication of review and the results of work in pathology and related fields
- Convocation of meetings and congresses for exchange of scientific information and ideas