To celebrate excellence in pathology practice and promote high standards in pathology education, training and research to deliver the best patient care, the College (RCPath) launched the RCPath Excellence Awards in 2019 (now known as the RCPath Achievement Awards). These awards complement the College’s existing schemes that celebrate public engagement and research.
The College's Nomination Committee has agreed a new set of the criteria for the awards to take effect in 2022 with the awards moving from individual to team awards.
This year's awards will also be presented in the context of the College's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The 2022 Achievement Awards will celebrate excellence in service provision through teamwork.
Four team awards will be given to teams who have achieved above and beyond what would be expected in their usual course of their work. For example, quality improvement activities, setting up new services, innovation in service delivery, reaching new patient groups, or educating and training staff and students.
The awards will be presented at the College Annual Dinner on 8 September.
Achievement Awards criteria 2022
- Only RCPath members can nominate.
- Teams may nominate themselves.
- Teams may be multi-professional but the activities under consideration must have been at least part-led by a RCPath member, who must have made a substantial contribution, or the activity must directly benefit RCPath trainees or members.
- The awards will be given to teams who have achieved above and beyond what would be expected in the usual course of their work.
- The Awards will celebrate excellence in service provision through teamwork. For example, quality improvement activities, setting up new services, innovation in service delivery, reaching new patient groups, or educating and training staff and students.
- There will be no separate categories of award, all awards will be considered in the same pool.
Closing date for nominations
Nominations closed at noon on Monday 11 July 2022. Winners will be notified in the week commencing 1 August 2022.
Two members from each of the four winning teams will be invited to attend the College's Annual Dinner on Thursday 8 September 2022.
How to submit nominations
Completed online nomination forms must be submitted by noon on Monday 11 July 2022. Forms must include a personal statement of up to 200 words, indicating why the nominee should receive the award (the citation must be suitable for publication).
Supporting evidence or additional information to support the nomination form will also be accepted. The additional information should be no more than one side of A4. Examples of evidence could include signatures of others who support the nomination, photos from events, or details of publications.
If you experience any issues whilst submitting a nomination form, or have any questions about the nominations process please email us at [email protected]
RCPath Achievement Awards Nomination Form
How will nominations be judged?
The College Nominations Committee will act as judges.
Nominations will be considered for an award on the following criteria, scored 1–10:
- evidence of support for achievement in citation
- strength of supportive evidence
- alignment with the College’s 2021–24 Strategy.
You can also view information about the winners of the RCPath Achievement Awards 2021, RCPath Achievement Awards 2020 and RCPath Excellence Awards 2019.