- 09:00 - 25/11/2019 to 18:00 - 25/11/2019
- Francis Crick Institute, 1 Midland Rd, London , NW1 1AT, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Invitation to all researchers and clinicians who work with Blood Cancer.
Many of the leading members of the UK blood cancer research community, as well as early career scientists, attend to hear recent successes in the field that can potentially impact patient’s lives. A range of research is represented, from basic science through to translational research and clinical trials. Sessions confirmed include Immuno-Oncology, Genomics and the Winners of the early career researcher competition.
The Annual Guest Lecture is the highlight of the day. Past speakers include Professor Sir Paul Nurse, 2001 Nobel prize laureate, Professor Sir David Weatherall, Knight of the Grand Cross recipient, and Professor Sir Mel Greaves. This year the annual guest lecture will be given by Dr Peter Campbell, Head of Cancer, Ageing and Somatic Mutation at the Wellcome Sanger institute.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Nurses and anyone working on blood cancer research
- Prof Paul Moss, University of Birmingham, Prof Waseem Qasim, University College London and Dr Sean Lim, University of Southampton who would talk about Immuno-Oncology;
- Prof Anna Schuh, University of Oxford, Prof Peter Cockerill, University of Birmingham and Prof Adam Mead, University of Oxford who will talk about Genomics;
- Dr Cristina Lo Celso, Dr Pavel Tolar and Dr Dinis Calado from the Francis Crick Institute;
- And our annual guest speaker, Dr Peter Campbell, the Wellcome Sanger institute
For more information, please contact Inbal Ringel: email@example.com
A drinks reception in the venue will end the day to allow networking and informal discussions to continue.