- 09:00 - 25/10/2023 to 17:00 - 28/10/2023
- etc.venues County Hall, County Hall, Belvedere Rd, London, SE1 7PB, United Kingdom
The Annual Scientific ASCAT Conference on Sickle Cell and Thalassemia is one of the must attended events for consultants and specialist psychologists, nurses, scientists and all relevant experts.
- The conference will host a number of lecture sessions and discussions on each day from leaders in the field, on varying topics around this years theme. This conference will be the ideal opportunity for interacting and networking with others.
- Starting the conference off, is a new addition to the programme; Corporate Day. On this day, we will showcase Sponsored Symposia, Lectures by distinguished authors of the Lancet Commission, and a Book Launch for Sickle Cell Disease in Sub-Saharan Africa!
- On the remaining days, we will also be hosting our 'Meet the Experts' sessions; our morning sessions made to facilitate intimate conversations with a leader in the industry on a topic of interest. With a broad range of session topic interests to be discussed, there will be something for everyone. There will be five separate sessions held concurrently with breakfast, each lasting one hour, with a maximum of 30 attendees per session.
- We are also very excited to be bringing back the popular Gala Night on the evening of Friday 27th October. This was launched last year and was a highlight for many of the delegates. This dinner event provides the perfect opportunity to relax and interact with peers in an intimate setting while raising funds for charity. "
- Jointly organized with the European Hematology Association (EHA) and the British Society of Haematology (BSH), and supported by Eurobloodnet (EBN) and other patient groups, this 4-day event encourages honest discussions about the latest advances in diagnostic treatments, new therapies as well as exploring other curative treatment options in haemoglobinopathies. This years theme is Therapeutic Strategies For Sickle Cell Disease & Thalassaemia: Time To Consider A Multi Modal & Personalised Approach.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This four day face-to-face conference is aimed at all those with a common interest in Sickle Cell and Thalassemia, including:
- Consultant Haematologists
- Specialist Nurses
- Fellows and trainees in all related fields
- Patients and Carers
We have a number of knowledgeable guests speaking at the event from around the world, all working to improve patient care and patients' experiences living with Sickle cell and Thalassaemia. All speakers are experts in their fields but will bring different backgrounds to these discussions. Founded by Dr. Baba Inusa, a noteworthy name in the industry, we look forward to showcasing the speakers and their topics to this years delegates.
For more inormation, please contact: [email protected]