The Egyptian Committee for Pathology Training
The Egyptian Committee for Pathology Training (ECPT) was established in 2014 to support and enhance capacity in training, assessment and educational supervision in pathology. The ECPT is a national committee, comprising representatives from different Egyptian universities and institutions involved in medical education, training and service provision. The committee functions under the patronage of the Supreme Council of Universities of Egypt and is state registered as affiliated with The Egyptian Society of Pathology.
The first Memorandum of Understanding between the ECPT was first established in 2015 and was renewed in 2021. It sets out that together we will work towards:
- revising and sharing updates on histopathology curricula
- maintaining overseas histopathology exams for FRCPath Part 1 and part 2
- supporting continued professional development/continuing medical education
- promoting pathology and laboratory medicine.
- establishing guidance and provision of resources related to international education schemes.
Our achievements so far
- Planning for a hybrid International Pathology School event in 2023 is underway.
- The ECPT hosted FRCPath Part 2 examinations in histopathology in 2019, 2021 and 2023.
- Events took place to mark International Pathology Day in November 2021 and 2022.
- Prior to the current format and name change to International Pathology School, the ECPT and the College hosted an in-person International Pathology Summer School in 2017.