Intercollegiate Committee on Haematology
The Intercollegiate Committee on Haematology (ICCH) is established between The Royal College of Pathologists and The Royal College of Physicians (London) and provides essential links between both Colleges and the specialist societies – the British Society for Haematology, Association of Clinical Pathologists and other colleges through the Joint Collegiate Council on Oncology.
Administration of the ICH is divided between the Royal College of Physicians (London) and the Royal College of Pathologists on a three-yearly basis. The committee reports to the councils of both colleges. The Royal College of Pathologists resumed responsibility for administering the committee in January 2021.
Chair: Dr John Ashcroft
- Ms Katy Amberley - Chief Executive, British Society for Haematology
- Ms Joanne Brinklow - Director of Learning
- Dr Sarah Clarke - (President, RCP)
- Dr Mark Ethell - Chair of Haematology SAC
- Dr Dora Foukaneli - BBTS Representative
- Dr Andrew Goddard - President, RCP
- Dr Keith Gomez - NQAAP in Haematology, Chair
- Dr John Hanley - Specialist Blood Disorder CRG Representative
- Mr Jon Hossain - Postgraduate Dean for Haematology
- Dr Jo Howard - Haemaglobinopathies CRG Representative
- Prof Peter Johnston - Vice President for Professionalism
- Dr Shruthi Narayan - Chair of Transfusion Medicine SAC
- Dr Roderick Neilson - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Dr Kim Orchard - BSMBT Representative
- Dr Mike Osborn - President RCPath
- Dr Deepti Radia - Lead examiner for haematology, RCPath
- Dr Anne Rigg - Chemotherapy CRG Representative
- Prof John Snowden - BSBMTCT President
- Dr Kate Talks - RCP Haematology SAC, JRCPTB
- Dr Polly Talley - Clinical Scientist Representative
- Dr Chris Tiplady - RCPath representative (Medically qualified)
- Dr Dana Warcel - Haematology Trainee Representative
- Dr Rob Webster - Association of Clinical Pathologists (ACP) Lead
- Dr Marion Wood - Getting it Right First Time representative
- Dr Josh Wright - British Society for Haematology, President
- Dr Jiexin Zheng - Haematology Trainee Representative
Celebrating our specialties
Discover more about ongoing developments and key achievements in haematology in our Bulletin articles.
Harry Robertson and Jane Apperley introduce the story of chronic myeloid leukaemia, with a history that stands as an exemplar for the remarkable advances that can be achieved through close collaboration between pathologists, clinicians and the pharmaceutical industry.
Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura is a rare disorder associated with microvascular thrombi. Here, Marie Scully and John-Paul Westwood describe progress in understanding the pathophysiology supporting prompt diagnosis and the development of novel therapies towards improving patient outcomes.