Transfusion Medicine SAC
Transfusion medicine is concerned with the transfusion of blood and blood components.
Chair: Dr Paula Bolton-Maggs
- Dr Sam Alimam - Trainee Representative (ex officio)
- Dr Shubha Allard - JRCPTB, Haematology representative
- Dr Sylvia Armstrong-Fisher - British Blood Transfusion Service
- Dr Ann Benton - Welsh Blood Service
- Mr Tony Davies - BBTS Bloodlines Editor
- Dr Tom Latham - Transfusion Science Examinations representative
- Dr Tim Littlewood - Vice President of Professionalism
- Ms Karen Madgwick - Institute of Biomedical Science representative
- Dr Kieran Morris - Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion
- Dr Shruthi Narayan - SHOT representative
- Prof David Roberts - Research/Academic Activities
- Dr Mallika Sekhar - RCPath Haematology Examinations Co-lead
Oliver Memorial Award
In 1921 Percy Oliver created world’s first voluntary blood donor service. Following his death in 1944, his colleagues created the Oliver Memorial Fund to perpetuate his achievement and administered it for over 50 years. In 2001, the Royal College of Pathologists took over the task of administering the fund through Annual Awards to recognise achievements in transfusion medicine. From 2013 a further element has been added to the award - a bursary to assist trainees to attend national or international seminars or conferences on transfusion medicine.
You will find below a list of the recipients of the Oliver Memorial Award and application details for the Percy Oliver Memorial Trainee Bursary. Deadlines for applications in 2019 will be announced shortly.