NHS England (NHSE) issued the statement below yesterday, which completes the process of identifying the laboratories for the roll out of primary HPV in England.
'We are pleased to confirm that we have now completed the procurement process for all 9 lots.
We can confirm that in relation to Lot 1 (London), the Standstill Period has now concluded and that the preferred bidder for this Lot is Health Services Laboratories LLP. Lead commissioners will now be able to commence the process to formalise the contract with this provider. Earlier today, bidders for this Lot were notified that standstill has concluded via the procurement portal.'
This now means that of the 9 lots in England the laboratories who will take forward this are:
• London (Lot1) - Health Services Laboratories LLP
• North East (Lot 2) - Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
• North West (Lot 3) – Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
• South Central (Lot 4) – Berkshire & Surrey Pathology Services at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
• South East (Lot 5) – Berkshire & Surrey Pathology Services at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
• South West (Lot 6) – North Bristol NHS Trust
• East Midlands (Lot 7) – University Hospital Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
• East (Lot 8) - Norfolk & Norwich University NHS Foundation Trust
• West Midlands (Lot 9) – The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Foundation Trust
The College will keep members updated on the latest developments with the procurement process.