- 17:00 - 22/09/2021 to 19:00 - 22/09/2021
- United Kingdom
This is the 2nd Experts in Haematology Meeting providing an opportunity for newly qualified consultants, along with registrars and specialist registrars, to consolidate learning and help prepare for the challenges of being a consultant haematologist.
TOPICS COVERED & SPEAKERS
This is a 'live' on-line meeting which will take the full 2 hours, each member of our expert panel will deliver a 20 minute talk on their designated topic with time afforded for questions and discussion with the speakers. Login details will be sent out in-advance of the meeting.
- Welcome and Introductions – Dr Jecko Thachil, Consultant in Haemostasis & Thrombosis, Manchester Royal Infirmary and Dr Duncan Stacey, Medical Affairs Manager, Grifols
- HITT / VITT – Dr Will Lester, Haematology Consultant, Queen Elizabeth & Birmingham Women’s Hospitals
- Laboratory aspects of monitoring anticoagulants – Dr Steve Kitchen, Lead Clinical Scientist, Sheffield Haemophilia & Thrombosis Centre
- ITP and thromboses – Dr Gary Benson, Clinical Director, Northern Ireland Haemophilia Centre
- Thrombocytopenic thromboses – Dr Jecko Thachil
- Final comments and close – Dr Jecko Thachil, Consultant in Haemostasis & Thrombosis, Manchester Royal Infirmary and Dr Duncan Stacey, Medical Affairs Manager, Grifols
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Healthcare professionals working in haematology.