This remotely-held meeting (Zoom webinar) is principally for trainers, senior trainees and assessors in chemical pathology, cellular pathology, medical microbiology and virology specialties. Trainers from the JRCPTB specialties are also welcome to attend. The event will consist of a series of short talks on current and future developments affecting the College.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this remotely-held meeting is to provide an ‘Educational Update’ with a focus on College priorities, Covid-19 issues and to confirm the arrangements in place for the new curricula and assessment programme. It is relevant to all those involved in the delivery of pathology training – including trainers, assessors, and senior trainees preparing to become consultants.
- Dr Mike Osborn, RCPath President Elect (to take up office on 16 November 2020)
- Professor Jonathan Nguyen Van-Tam, Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England
- Dr Hasan Rizvi, Clinical Lead for Digital Pathology, RCPath
- Joanne Brinklow, Director of Learning, RCPath
- Laura Mauro, Training Officer, RCPath
- Dr Sanjiv Manek, Clinical Director of Examinations, RCPath
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You may claim a maximum of 2 CPD credits in the professional category for full attendance at this meeting. CPD certificates will be sent via email a few days after the meeting. Participation in this event will provide supporting evidence towards meeting the GMC standards for ongoing Trainer recognition.
If you plan to watch the webinar with a colleague, please ensure you have registered individually to ensure delivery of your CPD certificate.
Mrs Sandra Dewar-Creighton
The Royal College of Pathologists
6 Alie Street, London E1 8QT
T: 020 7451 6765