- 09:00 - 07/03/2023 to 12:00 - 09/03/2023
- Virtual workshops, EMBL’s European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
The Ensembl Browser workshop is an introductory workshop aimed at wet-lab scientists and bioinformaticians who are new to using Ensembl.
This workshop is also suitable for scientists who are familiar with Ensembl, but would like to refresh their knowledge and learn more about Ensembl. The workshop will cover accessing data using the Ensembl genome browser web-interface.
Sign up for our recurring virtual series covering the genome browser and the REST API. Both workshops will be held between Tuesday – Thursday, with the Browser on 7–9 March and the REST API on 14–16 March 2023 (9am-12pm GMT). Read on for more information and registration instructions.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Navigate Ensembl using the web browser platform
- Access main data types in Ensembl: genomes, genes, genetic variation, regulatory features and comparative genomics
- Annotate your own variant data with the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP)
- Mine Ensembl data using BioMart
- Visualise your own data in the Ensembl genome browser
You can register for either (or both) the Ensembl browser and the REST API workshops using this form.