London to Paris 2018
Cycle for the College: London to Paris Bike Ride Tour de France Edition (25-29 July 2018)
Cycle over 300 miles from London to Paris and help improve pathology & laboratory medicine services in under-resourced countries.
In response to the superb feedback we received from last year's participants, the College will be holding the London to Paris Bike ride event this year in collaboration with Global Adventure Challenges.
This has to be one of the best fundraising cycle events available! The 300 mile plus, 4 day bike ride will tak you through the beautiful Kent countryside to Dover, before crossing the Channel and continuing through the rolling, green fields of Northern France, passing the war memorials and cemeteries of the Somme. The pièce de résistance of this cycle challenge will be a spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower, which marks the finish line in the centre of this famous city. The days will be long, but on reaching Paris our efforts will be rewarded when we celebrate our achievements Parisian style!
If you undertake this challenge you will receive:
• Ferry crossing from Dover to Calais & one way Eurostar ticket from Paris to London,
• All accommodation (with the exception of the evening prior to the start of the challenge),
• All meals* & water/snack stops,
• Support vehicles, route markers, English speaking guides, mechanic and medical support,
• Transfer of bicycles back to start venue in London
• Fundraising pack
• Branded RCPath kit (Cycle jersey, sports cap, water bottle and drawstring bag)
* Lunch on day 1, breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2, 3 and 4 and breakfast on day 5.
Team International will be at the challenge start point to thank you in person and wish you luck.
N.B You'll need to have raised 80% of your sponsorship target (£1,248) 11 weeks before the event to confirm your place. But don't worry, we've got lots of ideas to help you achieve this. Alternatively, you can choose to self-fund your challenge and fundraise on top of this. For more information, please refer to the funding options below.
Please note that as part of the registration process, you will be required to:
- Pay a non-refundable Challenge Registration Fee of £199;
- Pay the Challenge Event Cost of £815
- Undertake to raise a minimum of £750 on behalf of the College; and
- Sign a fundraising agreement with the College
Register your interest
Register as an individual or bring some friends along and join as a team! To register for this event, please email the International department ([email protected]).
Registration submission process & deadlines
Registration fee: £199
Completed registration forms should be emailed to the International department ([email protected]).
Please note that your place on this challenge will not be guaranteed until the College has received the Challenge Registration Fee.
If you have a question regarding this challenge, please check our FAQ below. Alternatively, please contact the International department (email: [email protected]) or (phone: +44 (0) 20 7451 6761 / 723)