Pre/Perinatal/Paediatric Pathology SAC
Prenatal, perinatal and paediatric pathology is the study of the diseases and disorders of foetuses, babies and children.
Deliverables from the SAC include production of paediatric pathology workload matrices in line with existing college guidelines, support for national recruitment process for paediatric pathology trainees and planning for national paediatric pathology training days
Its impact includes ensuring safe and appropriately trained professionals to diagnose diseases of pregnancy, fetuses and children, including high quality investigation after death.
Chair: Dr Jo McPartland
- Dr Michael Ashworth - Chair, Panel of Examiners (ex officio)
- Dr Amanda Brown - RCPath Trainee Representative
- Dr Helen Campbell - (Haematology)
- Prof Shelley Heard - Vice President (Professionalism)
- Dr Charles van Heyningen - (Clinical Biochemistry)
- Prof Alastair McLennan - (Lead Dean for Paediatric Pathology)
- Dr Kerry Turner - The British & Irish Paediatric Pathology Association
- Dr Diana Wellesley - (Genetics and Reproductive Science)
- Vacancy - (Medical Microbiology/Virology)