An online workshop about the practicalities of implementing digital pathology. The event covers the College approach to digital pathology safety, practical advice from several groups who have implemented digital pathology, and explains the latest College guidance on using digital pathology during the COVID-19 pandemic. A Q&A session allows plenty of opportunity to get tips from those who’ve already gone digital.
- 10:00 Welcome, Dr Darren Treanor
10:05 RCPath view on digital pathology including RCPath digital pathology guidelines, Dr Darren Treanor
- 10:20 Digital pathology - on a shoestring, in a pandemic! Professor Simon Cross
- 10:40 IT considerations in going digital, Kieron White
- 11:00 Digital pathology and UKAS compliance, Dr David Snead
- 11:20 One tip from my deployment, Dr Muhammad Aslam, Dr Gareth Bryson and Dr Paul Barrett
- 11:35 College guidance on working from home during COVID, Dr Bethany Williams
- 11:55 Q&A session including discussion of poll results, all speakers to join
- 12:45 Close
Concessional £44.00 - Includes trainees, BMS, non-consultant Clinical Scientists, retired & nurses
Industry - £250.00
All registrations will be checked so please ensure you choose the correct rate for this event. We will not be processing invoices for this event.
Please note that an administrative charge of £20.00 will be made on all cancellations and the total registration fee is forfeited if cancelled one working week before the event.
This meeting will be held via Zoom. Details of the meeting with accompanied guidance will be sent to attendees before the meeting. We strongly suggest you download Zoom to your computer/laptop to make the most of the meeting, however if this is not possible just simply click on the link provided. To Find out more about Zoom and how it works please visit the website.
Please note: If you experience any problems when connecting to your Zoom meeting, such as lagging or freezing, then this may indicate that there is an issue with your internet connection, or the device you are using. We suggest that you try to move to an area with a more stable connection and then re-join the meeting. We unfortunately will not be able to provide you with a refund or transfer you onto another event if you happen to encounter these problems on the day.