London to Paris 2018
Cycle for the College: London to Paris Bike Ride Tour de France Edition (25-29 July 2018)
Cycle over 300 miles from London to Paris and help improve pathology & laboratory medicine services in under-resourced countries.
In response to the superb feedback we received from last year's participants, the College will be holding the London to Paris Bike ride event this year in collaboration with Global Adventure Challenges.
This has to be one of the best fundraising cycle events available! The 300 mile plus, 4 day bike ride will tak you through the beautiful Kent countryside to Dover, before crossing the Channel and continuing through the rolling, green fields of Northern France, passing the war memorials and cemeteries of the Somme. The pièce de résistance of this cycle challenge will be a spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower, which marks the finish line in the centre of this famous city. The days will be long, but on reaching Paris our efforts will be rewarded when we celebrate our achievements Parisian style!
If you undertake this challenge you will receive:
• Ferry crossing from Dover to Calais & one way Eurostar ticket from Paris to London,
• All accommodation (with the exception of the evening prior to the start of the challenge),
• All meals* & water/snack stops,
• Support vehicles, route markers, English speaking guides, mechanic and medical support,
• Transfer of bicycles back to start venue in London
• Fundraising pack
• Branded RCPath kit (Cycle jersey, sports cap, water bottle and drawstring bag)
* Lunch on day 1, breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2, 3 and 4 and breakfast on day 5.
Team International will be at the challenge start point to thank you in person and wish you luck.
Self-Fund The Challenge Under this option, you undertake to raise a minimum of £750 on behalf of the College & pay your Challenge Cost (£815 ).
Register your interest
Register as an individual or bring some friends along and join as a team! To register for this event, please complete the registration form below as fully as possible.
Registration submission process & deadlines
Registration fee: £199 (non-refundable)
Completed registration forms should be emailed to the International department ([email protected]).
Please note that your place on this challenge will not be guaranteed until the College has received the Challenge Registration Fee.
If you have a question regarding this challenge, please check our FAQ below. Alternatively, please contact the International department (email: [email protected]) or (phone: +44 (0) 20 7451 6761 / 723)
No, you do not need to be a member of the College in order to sign up to participate in the challenge.
All applicants are asked to sign a Fundraiser’s Agreement which outlines their commitment to raising a minimum sponsorship through the online page specified in the application form/ registration form.
We’re here to help you every step of the way. The College and its members will be encouraged to sponsor #TeamRCPath. In addition, you will receive:
- A dedicated point of contact at the College who can assist you with the organisation of fundraising events
- An induction on how to maximise the funds you raise
- A fundraising pack
- A feature article in the Bulletin
- Promotion in the President's e-newsletter and International e-newsletter - Pathology is Global
- Regular promotion through our social media links (Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn)
- Personalised promotional materials
- Fundraising kit (posters, donation tins, stickers etc.)
- Monthly emails from the International team with plenty of tips and ideas to kickstart your campaign!
Raising funds is easier than you may think! The key to success is raising awareness, and the College will be regularly promoting the team through our social media links, newsletters and future editions of the Bulletin.
Social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.) is a great way for you to promote your fundraising challenge. Not only is it quick and easy to use, it can get your message out to a large audience of potential sponsors. Share photos and videos of your preparation for the challenge; don't forget to hastag #TeamRCPath
You can also keep up-to-date with #TeamRCPath's progress by following the College's Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Please find below a fundraising pack with further information.
The Royal College of Pathologists has a long-established commitment and track record of contributing to the improvement of pathology and laboratory medicine services in under-resourced countries through education and training. 100% of the money you raise from taking part in this challenge will be used to support and deliver the College’s global health work. This work includes laboratory systems strengthening projects and activities such as:
- Sending volunteer pathologists overseas to mentor and train laboratory staff in low income countries;
- Providing education bursaries to overseas doctors and scientists, which will allow them to undertake a period of specialist training, research or study either within their country or externally; and
- Working with others to re-build the laboratory systems in countries where the health system has been weakened as a result of a humanitarian disaster or emergency situation.
Click on the photos below to read to find out more about our work!
You can keep up to date with the progress of our fundraisers by using the hashtag #TeamRCPath on Twitter and Facebook.
Alternatively, you can view photos, videos and updates from the team on our dedicated Storify page.
If you would like to make a donation, please visit the College's online sponsorship pages below. We thank you in advance for your support in contributing to the improvement of pathology and laboratory medicine services in under-resourced countries.