As part of National Pathology Week 2020, take part in our two social media competitions: the careers selfie video competition and the Twitter #HeartofHealthcare photo competition.
Careers selfie video competition
Submit a short selfie video to highlight your specialty, the variety of career paths available within pathology, improve understanding of what pathology is and how it links into other healthcare teams. Videos should be aimed at our target audience: secondary school students, undergraduates and Foundation doctors.
Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm GMT Sunday 8 November. The winning video will be selected by a judging panel consisting of members of the public engagement team and College Fellows and will receive a £20 voucher and an RCPath goody bag. Shortlisted entries will also be uploaded to our Instagram account, where we'll be inviting our followers to vote for their favourite careers selfie video.
- Please read the 'Top tips for selfie videos' document below.
- Film a short selfie video (in landscape/horizontal orientation format, rather than portrait) highlighting why your work and specialty.
- Be as creative as you like! Is there anyone else you could include in your video?
- Each video should ideally be less than a minute long, although slightly longer videos (2 minutes maximum) would be fine if there’s more information that needs to be presented.
- Email your video to email@example.com by 23.59 GMT Sunday 8 November.
- Please include the following information in your email:
- Full names, job titles and specialties of individual(s) submitting video
- Where do you work?
- A short description (100 words maximum) about your video
- Email address
- Why did you choose pathology?
- Why did you choose your specialty and what is your favourite part of your job?
- What advice would you give to your younger self thinking about pursuing a career in pathology?
- Why should a school/undergraduate student pick pathology? / What would you say to someone who is considering pursuing a career in pathology/your specialty?
- What are the key skills needed to become a pathologist/pursue a career in your specialty?
- What does a typical day look like for you? – You could give a quick tour of your workplace for example.
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected your specialty and how have your team contributed to the efforts to tackle it?
#HeartofHealthcare photo competition
Tweet a photo that sums up why pathology is ‘at the heart of healthcare’ for your chance to win a prize for you and your team. Help us highlight the vital role played by all pathology specialties this National Pathology Week by sharing the work you and your team do on Twitter. We’re looking for creative and thought-provoking interpretations of our #HeartOfHealthcare theme; there are some examples below and you can also get inspiration from the shortlisted and winning entries in this year’s Art of Pathology Competition.
Photo entries should be tweeted between 2 and 8 November and the tweet text should include @RCPath and #HeartOfHealthcare. If you have space please include #PathologyWeek too! Download a branded 'photo frame' template for your #HeartOfHealthcare entry below.
The winning photo will be selected by a judging panel consisting of members of the public engagement team and College Fellows. The team or individual who tweeted it will receive a £20 voucher and RCPath goody bag (we can award up to ten goody bags for your winning team!).
We hope our members will take this opportunity to highlight the amazing and positive work they do. We’ll share shortlisted entries in a montage on our website after the winners have been chosen.
- All photos must be originals or have the required permissions (no Google images etc.)
- Multiple entries can be submitted by the same Twitter account.
- Entries that are tweeted between 00:00 on 2 November and 23:59 on 8 November will be included in the judging process.
- If you have your direct message function disabled on your Twitter account, please email us after you’ve posted your tweet so we have a way of contacting you if you win.