Online resources that have been approved for CPD purposes
Bacterial Genomes: Accessing and Analysing Microbial Genome Data
This course would benefit those interested in learning how to use tools to investigate bacterial genomes, and acquire bioinformatics skills to evaluate the role of microbial genes in disease. Using analytical tools to access and probe genomes, learners will find out how to perform comparative analyses of genes and their protein products.
Bacterial Genomes: Comparative Genomics using Artemis Comparison Tool (ACT)
Disease outbreaks are still a big problem in our modern world. Comparison between two or more bacterial genomes can help improve understanding of the causes of pathogenicity and outbreaks of disease caused by bacteria. On this course you will learn how to use the free Artemis Comparison Tool (ACT). Developed at the Wellcome Sanger Institute, ACT will help you to visualise the comparison of genomes and analyse the results.https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/bacterial-genomes-comparative-genomics-act
Bacterial Genomes: From DNA to Protein Function Using Bioinformatics
Join us in our quest to discover what makes microbes dangerous. Use bioinformatics to probe genomes, to explore and represent DNA and protein sequences. Then, use databases to find protein sequences’ conserved domains and investigate their functions.https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/bacterial-genomes-bioinformatics
Laboratory Management Online
Laboratory Management Online will provide you with comprehensive conceptual knowledge and the practical skills needed to become a Laboratory Manager. This course empowers staff with a technical background to transition into a leadership position. The course builds an understanding of the importance of strategy, operations, management fundamentals, financial basics, and quality in the laboratory.
Duration: 10 Weeks
Weekly Study: 3 Hours
100% Online: Study at your own pace
How it works: https://www.labvinelearning.com/Browse/Details/Lab-Management-Online
4th Live on-line Diagnostic Dermatopathology course
2 – 6 September 2023, 65 CPD points, then 2 hours every Saturday for 3 months.
Candidates will have an online access to 1000 scanned slides.
- Interactive power point presentations (introduction to clinical dermatology, inflammatory and Neoplastic skin disorders) including discussion of interesting cases.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Newly appointed consultants wishing to peruse a career in a Dermatopathology
- Pathologists and dermatologists practising Dermatopathology or general Histopathology
- Pathologists and dermatologists preparing for the Dermatopathology Diploma exams
COURSE ORGANISER AND SPEAKER
- Professor Hazem Ibrahim, Consultant Dermatopathologist & Dermatologist PhD, DIC, Dip Derm, Dip Dermpath, EBP, FRCPath (Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust)
- Dr Victoria Swale; Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist (Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust)
- Dr Saleem Taibjee; Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist MB BCh, BMedSci, MRCPCH, CCT (Dermatology), DipRCPath (Dermatopathology) (Dorset County Hospital & Poundbury Cancer Institute).
- Dr Nicholas Tiffin; Consultant dermatopathologist FRCPATH, St George's University Hospital, London, and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
- Dr James Carton; Consultant Dermatopathologist MA MB BChir FRCPath DipRCPath (North West London Pathology, Charing Cross Hospital, London)
For more information, please email Dr Hend Mahfouz: [email protected]